Did you ever taste Vogelheu, a typical Swiss Meal? Vogelheu means “bird hay” and is a sweet lunch. What are you doing with old bread? Throw it away? Here I show you how you can use old bread to a fine-tasting meal and take action against the “food waste”. In addition, the Vogelheu tastes fantastic. Our children can not get enough!
Recipe for 4 people:
- 250 g old bread, white or half white bread, quartered in slice
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 dl milk
- 1-2 tablespoon of sugar
- cinnamon sugar to sprinkle
- Roast the bread with butter in a frying pan until light brown. Add sugar.
- Mix eggs, milk and sugar, pour to the bread. Reduce heat and stir until it thickens.
- Arrange Vogelheu (bird hay) on plates and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Try also this for lunch: Toast Hawaii or Healthy Fitness Lunch!
Mmmmmhhhh very good!,,,