This is the best Chocolate Ice Cream home made you ever tasted! It is made very quickly and does not have too much sugar in it. In this way the chocolate taste comes to the best advantage. My kids love the ice cream and especially my husband, who prefers vanilla ice cream, is the biggest fan. Self made Chocolate Ice Cream yummy! Try it!
Special Tip: I found out that most people prefer milk chocolate to dark chocolate. Me too, I prefer mild sweet-tasting rather than bitter-tasting chocolate. Therefore, I recommend you to buy milk chocolate.
- 500 g chocolate
- 5 dl whole milk
- 5 dl whole cream
- 60 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- Empty the milk in a saucepan. Chop the chocolate and add to the milk. Heat everything until the chocolate has melted, do not bring the milk to a boil.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar well. Add 3-4 tablespoons of the chocolate milk to the egg yolk mass and stir well. Slowly empty the yolk mass into the warm chocolate milk, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil with constant stirring, remove from heat and stir just before boiling. The milk must not cook!
- Best is to place the hot pot in a cold water bath and continue to stir until the mass has cooled down.
- Beat the cream until stiff and stir in the chocolate mass.
- Place in the icebox and stir occasionally, so that the mass gets nicely creamy.
Try experimenting, you can add chocolate drops or grated chocolate. The home made chocolate ice cream also tastes great with vanilla ice cream or crepes.