Try this easy digestible, low calorie and healthy fitness plate for lunch: salad with pork sirloin steak! It gives you a lot of vitamines and energy for the day.
Grocery List for 4 people:
- 1-2 lean pork sirloin steaks per person
- 1 lettuce
- 2 red peppers
- 2 big carrots
- natural yogurt without additives
- olive oil
- white vinegar
- salt, pepper, garlic, mustard for seasoning the salad dressing
- sunflower and pumpkin seeds
Please buy open salads, vegetables and fruits. Everything that comes prepacked in plastic bags is expensive and often not so fresh, or pre-loaded with germs. It is also better for the environment to avoid disposable plastic bags.
- cut lettuce into bite-sized pieces, wash
- wash red peppers, remove seeds, cut into pieces
- peel and wash the carrots, cut into small slices
- 10 tablespoon of natural jogurt
- 10 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of white vinegar
- little mustard
- salt, pepper, garlic, salad spice for seasoning
- milk for diluting the salad dressing
Pork sirloin steak
- seasoning with little salt and pepper, fry the steak indoor for a short time
- or grill it outdoor on the barbecue
Arrange the salad in bowls, put salad sauce on it and top it with some sunflower and pumpkin seeds. This is a salad sauce I created by myself because my children did not like the standard salad sauce. My kids love this mild sauce with jogurt and they are enjoying eating salad!
Cold-pressed virgin olive oil
Olive oil which is cold-pressed contains high amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids, polyphenols and antioxidants that provide many health benefits.
The sunflower seeds are a rich source of vitamin B, vitamin E, protein and dietary fiber. They contain high levels of dietary minerals, including magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
The pumpkin seeds are nutrient-rich with high content of protein, dietary fiber and numerous micronutrients.