Choice between cloth diapers or disposable diapers
What is the best environmental, economical and for my budget, buying cloth diapers or disposable diapers? These are questions that some of you may have asked yourself. So that is whom I’ve been preoccupied before the birth of the first twins. I do not necessarily think of myself as “green” or extreme “bio”, but environmental protection and careful use of resources on this earth will not leave me cold.
Considerations about the choice
I recycle and use bags for shopping, I buy whenever possible locally produced food or I buy directly on the farm. I go shopping nearby and contribute as much as possible to the environment. Often I leave the car at home and walk to the nearby shopping center or downtown for shopping.
I have estimated and calculated costs, estimated number of pieces per day. Also I calculated water and energy costs and waste, time invested and time saved. Even I have analyzed with family and friends their opinions and experiences until a good friend told me:
Important note from a friend
Are you really going to do that to yourself with cloth diapers? You are already washing enough with twins, do you want to run additional washing machine loads a day? You’ll be busy with twins 24/7 and the little free time you have left will fill you with sleep at the beginning. The small amount you will ultimately save is not as valuable as the free time you have left. I urge you to “buy disposable diapers”!
Decision for cloth diapers or disposable diapers
I took her advice to heart and I do not regret this decision. From the beginning I used disposable diapers and I had more quality of life! This is my opinion and of course does not have to apply to others. But remember, twins or double twins aged 0-2 years gives a diaper mountain of about 24-32 pcs. of diapers per day.
Buying diapers with very affordable prices
In addition, I have made a smart search on the internet and found a company where I was able to buy very cheap diapers wholesale. And if you pay attention to promotions you get good brands for half price. It does not have to be the most expensive and comfortable diapers, so that the children do not realize that they are wearing diapers. When the kids grow up, the diapers can be a bit uncomfortable and disturbing, this is an argument to wean the kids off the diapers faster. What you should not forget is: Do you have your own washing machine / tumbler at home or is there only one washing machine for everyone in the house?
I wrote down pros and cons for you here, cloth diapers or disposable diapers. Finally, the tastes and needs are different and everyone has to decide for themselves with which option she or he drives better.
Pro disposable diaper:
– bought in the factory shop a “no name diaper” 2-5 kg costs just 12 cents the piece. With half price promotions you get in the department store diapers between 11 – 19 cents the piece; It is worth subscribing to newsletters of the respective companies in order to be up-to-date on promotions
– Babies are wrapped faster with disposable diapers, cloth diapers are more time consuming
– you are more flexible with disposable diapers on the way
– you do not have so much to wash
Contra disposable diaper:
– cloth diapers are more expensive in the first purchase but cheaper in the long run than disposable diapers
– depending on energy consumption the cloth diapers are more environmentally friendly
– there are modern cloth diapers which not only look beautiful but are also quickly washed and dried